where i make a plan, sorta

 I've been in a bit of a slump lately. I'm in a transition period and everything feels unsettled. My home, my finances, my career, my priorities are all changing—or about to.

While I can't avoid the motions of starting a new job or the responsibilities that come with growing up, I can settle my home situation.

As I've mentioned in a previous post, we're entertaining the thought of buying a house, so it seemed wasteful and counterproductive to change the floors and revamp the kitchen in our current home, but if the Internet has taught me anything, it's that giving a room a new look can involve some small tweaks and a few reasonable purchases.

I can't change the 1970s tiles in our foyer? That's alright. I can cover them with a surface rug that can be easily moved! Maybe ripping our kitchen out and starting from scratch is too pricey. Fine, I'll paint the cupboards and change the hardware myself!

I've got lots of plans, and some are frighteningly ambitious. I've decided that instead of worrying about how I can screw up, I'll focus on what I can accomplish. I didn't see it for it was before: the perfect opportunity to learn! A drawing-board home as practice before we move in to the real thing.

To start, I've started (belatedly) to do Apartment Therapy's January Cure. It's pointed me in the right direction and now I have the outline of an idea.

How's that for direction? An outline of an idea. Very fleshed-out.

I'll be documenting my projects here, big and small alike. I hope you check back in from time to time to see how it's coming along.
 
Maybe by the end I'll have a great looking kitchen with lots of light and a modern feel.
 Hey, a girl can dream.


{images: design*sponge}