a trip to ikea later

 As planned, I have already started making some small changes around the house. I'm trying to keep the cost low and the impact big. 

First thing on my to-do list was a table for the entrance. Something that suited the space without closing off our entrance. It had to be longer than our tiny bookshelf, but thinner. A glass console table fit the bill perfectly. After browsing a couple of Home Sense's, I turned to ubiquitous Ikea

 The Vittsjo laptop table wasn't perfect, but the price was right (more than right, it was way below budget!) and it was too fitting to refuse. I wanted to keep my Beatles print, but add some green elements to tie everything together with the living room. 

 Our couch may not be elegant or refined, but it's the most cozy, comfortable piece of furniture I have ever had. I love the corduroy and I love the colour. It's massive so I wanted to offset that with a round and airy table.

 So keeping in the same model, I got the Vittsjo coffee table. Round, thin with a glass top. I was worried it would diminutive, but I think it highlights our couch's cushy, while complementing it's bulky frame.

And I threw in a new side table for good measure.

I wanted to avoid Ikea as much as possible. Don't get wrong, I love those Swedes. But there comes a point where it's enough. Hopefully, we haven't reached that point, but the great thing about the Vittsjo pieces is that they can be easily re-appropriated or totally revamped. I'm looking at you, Ikea Hackers.