wish for sun

For those of you outside of Canada, you may not have heard about the deep freeze sweeping the Great North.

It's so bloody cold that the Internet keeps crashing. I don't know if that's even possible, but it's happening.

The temperature at the moment is -28°C with wind chill, which is -18° in Fahrenheit. How crazy is that? We've been experiencing this arctic cold since Monday and it won't be letting up until next week (according to the Weather Network, so maybe that's true and maybe it isn't).

The heat is blasting, I'm snuggled under my blankie (when it's this cold, it's no longer a blanket, but a blankie. Soon I'll be in the fetal position and sucking my thumb. When I'm this bone-cold, all bets are off!), sipping some hot chocolate and it's still chilly!

I'm really dreaming of Venice right now. Those couple of days I spent there when it was so scorching hot that my gelato was melting faster then I could eat it; the sights and sounds of summer everywhere! How far away those blissful days are now.
 




{images: my flickr}