bringing home gold

Before we moved in to our new place, I spent ages scouring interior design magazines and websites for inspiration. The one thing that I never hesitated on was the powder room. It's quaint (i.e. tiny), so I knew I wanted a huge impact.

We decided we would go super dark walls, gilded accents and a stunning wallpaper for that back wall. We thought we knew exactly what we wanted... All we had to do was find the wallpaper. Fun, right? Wrong!

I considered, bought and returned so many rolls... I thought I had finally settled on one until the other day, when I looked at it and decided that I was over it.

A few weeks later though, I found it. The perfect wallpaper! All grey and gold, calming yet lively. It was just what I was looking for!

The Wabi line from Rachel Mosler and Nick Cope's Calico collection, meant to convey the feel of water flowing over pebbles, has just the right amount of metallic sheen to add the impact I wanted!
If you're looking for something with even more drama, check out the Night line, which "conjures the feeling of obsidian shimmering in the moonlight".
Or Lunaris, if space is more your thing.
Either way, you gotta admit they're all pretty stunning. For more info, visit New Wall's website.