here's to 2013

We're at that point in our lives when buying a house is becoming a very real possibility. Generally, I don't hold to New Year's resolutions, but I admit that I have been thinking a lot about what's to come this year. Our lives are on the verge of changing in a significant way, and I'm really looking forward to facing everything that awaits us in 2013. Buying a house is my top priority this year, so it seems only fitting my resolution help me achieve that dream: saving. Spending time at open houses and banks, learning the meanings of terms like escrow and hybrid mortgages will be my pastimes this year.

So while I sit at home responsibly /not/ spending my money, decor magazines and websites and Pinterest will be my source of inspiration. I'll try to find a way to incorporate my love for all things rustic and warm with hubby's tastes for sparse and modern styles in our future home. And this blog will be my outlet. Expect more posts on decor and design in the future. Hopefully, by the time we settle on a new house, I'll have found just the right elements to make it a home.

Here's to 2013 and all the wonders to come! 

What goals do you have for 2013?


 {image: my flickr}