kitchen week

This week, I want to focus on kitchens. I will share my thoughts on making
the kitchen the focal point of your home and bring you ideas on how to make a space that you can truly enjoy.
 I remember when I was a kid and I was allowed a small glimpse of my parents' diner parties before bedtime. Guests sat around our Swedish teak table laughing and talking, while my mom spent entirely too much time in the kitchen preparing various courses and cleaning.

 The purpose of kitchens has changed. Guests are no longer relegated to the dining room or living room anymore while their hosts keep busy in the kitchen. Now, the kitchen is where it's at. People sipping wine around an island while their hosts entertain and put everything in order for the meal to come. Even cooking has become a social activity. Kitchens are where memories are being made nowwhere you chat and hang out with friends and family, where your kids do their homework and tell you about their day. 
 
The home dynamic has shifted from when I was a kid, but many of us still keep our kitchen decor cold and utilitarian. Instead of investing a lot of time, effort and money on prioritizing our dens and bedrooms, the focus should be on the kitchen.It should be a place that reflects your personality and evokes the feel of a home: inviting, warm, comfortable.

My parents' generation preferred to hide the dirty dishes, mail, the various and the sundry in the kitchen. But I don't mind leaving some things out. My home is where I live, where I make messes and where I sometimes get lazy and leave a a dirty dish or two on the counter. I believe that if my friends see that I don't take myselfor my housetoo seriously, then they will see my home as a comfortable place they will want to come back to. Just like myself, I want my home to be feel open and friendly.





{images: home decor interior ideas}
{apartment therapy}
{welcome to the bakery}
{bijou and boheme}